Donny over at www.allthatssacred.net just released #84 of this popular Pearl Jam Podcast. Sit back, relax and enjoy another hour of rambling and PJ-Sound
“Ed is appearing at Neil Young’s annual Bridge School Benefit this weekend at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, CA. If you’re not lucky enough to be there in person, you can apparently stream online here. You can also support the cause and relive highlights from years past with a new 25th Anniversary DVD and CD release available 10/24. Here on ATS #84, we’re revisiting some of PJ’s many BSB appearances dating back to 1992.
Despite taking place in a giant outdoor amphitheater, PJ’s sets at Bridge always feel pretty organic and intimate. I think part of that is due to Neil’s insistence that all the music be performed stripped-down and acoustic. This leads to some pretty cool renditions, experimentations, and collaborations.
Ultimately what makes Bridge so special are the kids that the event is recognizing and benefiting. They are present and active participants throughout the weekend and share the stage with all the bands. Neil and his wife Pegi should be commended and proud of the work they’ve done to create such a cool a event for such a worthy cause. You can learn more about the Bridge School and how to support on their website.
- Footsteps – 10/30/99 Mountain View, CA
- Angel – 11/1/92 Mountain View, CA
- Immortality – 10/2/94 Mountain View, CA
- Better Man – 10/23/10 Mountain View, CA
- Of The Girl – 10/20/01 Mountain View, CA
- Gone – 10/22/06 Mountain View, CA
- Piece Of Crap – 10/2/94 Mountain View, CA
- Won’t Get Fooled Again – The Who – 10/30/99 Mountain View, CA
- Yellow Ledbetter – 10/19/96 Mountain View, CA